Today is day 10 of our 20 days of Christmas Cookies/Treats! Can you believe we are already half way through our series?
This recipe is another guest post from Lindsey over at Todd & Lindsey.com. She has some delicious snack mix recipes that I am planning to make this weekend. They both have looked delicious! Be sure to stop and check out the other recipe she shared for Sugar Cookie Chex Mix.
Today Lindsey is sharing her recipe for Santa Hat Chex Mix. The little Santa Hat’s she made are adorable! I know that my kids will love this! Be sure to stop by and check out both yummy recipes at Todd&Lindsey.com.
- 1 bag red melts
- 2/3 bag bugles
- 2 c mini marshmallows
- 1/2 container white nonpareil sprinkles
- 5 c chex
- 1/2 c craisins
- 2 c salted dry roasted peanuts
- 12 oz bag holiday M&Ms
- 12 oz bag white chocolate chips
- 5 c mini pretzels
- Melt the candy melts in the microwave.
- Dip the bugles in, pointed side down and evenly coat the outside.
- Place on wax paper to set.
- When all the bugles are set, dip the open side into the melts and immediately coat with sprinkles.
- Push a mini marshmallow on the tip of each bugle. Use a bit of melts to secure it, if needed.
- Place on wax paper to set again.
- In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, chex, peanuts and craisins.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave and drizzle over the chex.
- Carefully toss the chex until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread on wax paper to cool.
- When the chex is set, break it up into bite sized pieces.
- Toss in the santa hats and M&Ms.