My first real project that had a couple steps involved in the process!! Back a couple weeks ago, we had found that perfect bathroom piece at an auction, well I also got this coffee table. Which was advertised as being “in good condition”. Well, we all have different opinions, but this was not good by any means in my book. There were chunks out of the sides of it. I couldn’t just paint it.
So, I used car bondo to fill in those missing chunks. That stuff was an experience to use. LOL. Good thing my hubby knew how to use it and helped me out.
Then, I had to sand the whole thing down, I used a 100 grit paper.
After that I had to wash all the dust of and let it dry.
After that, I used a spray paint. I think it was a Rustoleum Satin black. And, painting on a windy day, not the best idea. I actually didn’t get it on the house or car but it was very streaky on the coffee table.
Finally, after 4 coats and moving into the garage to paint, I was happy with the results.
Mommy by Day Crafter by Night