Hello Taylor House readers! So glad to be back to share another must-try easy recipe!
My name is Krysta and I blog over at KrystaSteen.com! I love sharing my favorite recipes, fun projects and, yes, I even talk about cleaning from time to time. 🙂
This recipe is definitely one of our family favorites. I started making this soon after my husband and I got married, and it became a frequent request by him.
Here is what you need to make this yummy pasta meal!
- 8 oz. penne pasta
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- fresh basil, to taste
1. Preheat broiler. Cook pasta, drain well.
2. Dip chicken into egg, roll in bread crumbs. Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken until browned and cooked through. (I usually do this in two batches.). Set chicken aside in large bowl, add cooked pasta and combine.
3. Heat remaining oil in skillet. Add tomatoes and garlic and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Add cream, oregano, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and add to pasta and chicken mixture. Add 1/2 of the mozzarella, parmesan and bail to mixture and combine.
4. Pour mixture into greased 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Broil until melted. Sprinkle with additional basil, if desired.
Makes about 8 cups (4 servings)
Please stop by and say hi! I would love to “meet” you! Here is where you can find me: