Have you ever made Slow Cooker Applesauce?
It’s fall in Minnesota and that means there are lots of apple and pumpkin orchards open and ready for business. We have stopped at our local apple orchard twice and I have been lucky enough to get some delicious apples from neighbor.
Last week, I decided to make some slow cooker applesauce with one of the batches of apples I had gotten. If you have never made homemade applesauce, It’s an easy recipe that you can throw in the crock pot and let it go all day. You will have an amazing smelling house and delicious snack in the end.
My applesauce was almost an apple butter texture by the time we were done, either way, it was so good and very simple to make!
How to make Homemade Applesauce in the Slow Cooker
- 3 pound apples, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup white or brown sugar (I used white)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
Step 1 – Peel and cube your apples
- Step 2 – Combine ingredients in a slow cooker
- Step 3 - Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 – 8 hours
- Step 4 – When the apples are tender, mash with a spoon or Potato masher
- You can leave the peels on when you make this recipe, and then run it through the food processor at the end.
I love easy recipes that I can make in the slow cooker and let them go all day. With so many apples available in the fall, this is a great time to make your own applesauce, apple pie filling, apple butter, apple jelly, etc. and can them to use during the winter months. If you love to can vegetables, fruit and more, you can find a ton of recipe ideas on my Pinterest Canning Board.