12 Reasons You Should Try Oh Doughnuts in Winnipeg
Whether it is for breakfast, a light snack, or an after-dinner treat, Doughnuts are an all-around delicious treat. And, if you want the best doughnuts in Winnipeg, you have to visit Oh Doughnuts. Here is what I love about them!
- It’s doughnuts. Ok, let’s face it; who doesn’t love doughnuts? The number one reason to visit Oh Doughnuts is that, hello, it is doughnuts!
- You can preorder them for a discount. Yep, that’s right you can order Oh Doughnuts the day before and get a 10% discount just for preordering. If that isn’t a great deal, I don’t know what is.
- They have Vegan Doughnuts. I know so many people that love doughnuts but can’t eat them. At Oh Doughnuts, you can get vegan doughnuts made without any dairy, eggs, or animal by-products.
- You can even get vegan and gluten-free doughnuts. Come on if that isn’t enough to get you in, I don’t know what is. They make gluten and dairy free doughnuts at least once a week and usually on Friday and Saturday. Check their shop page for the menu that week.
- You can get what you want. Because they make all their fillings and glazes in-house and have more than I have ever seen, you can most likely get the flavor you want. Of course, they would like weeks notice. Just send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can get something different each day of the week. Although they try to make each flavor throughout the week, there is a menu so you can see when your favorite doughnut will be made fresh.
- It’s what all the locals are talking about. I am not kidding! I had like 3 people ask me if I had been to Oh Doughnuts and if not that I needed to go. Even the hotel staff brought it up.
- Oh, Doughnuts is a small place. It is super tiny and if you don’t know what you are looking for, you may miss it. But, they pack a big punch in such a small place that you are going to love.
- They always sell out. Does that tell you how amazing they are?! I have never eaten such a delectable sweet that melted in mouth after every bite. It is no wonder they sell out. So, get there early if you want to get any doughnuts because if you get there late, their shop may be closed.
- They are super unique. They do have common flavored doughnuts, but they also have unique flavors like a bagel doughnut, Lemon Meringue, and Peanut Butter Marshmallow. The bagel doughnut is to die for and you will be craving it for days.
- They make everything fresh. When you go to Oh Doughnuts, you aren’t eating day old doughnuts. Instead, you are getting Winnipeg’s finest and freshest doughnuts around. And, the freshness can be tasted, smelled, and devoured in one little trip.
- They source everything organically and local. Not only are the doughnuts delicious, but they pride themselves in giving back to the locals. With organic four from Prairie Flour Mills, organic eggs from Nature’s Farm, and butter from Notre Dame Creamery, you are getting the best local products money can buy.
If you want some drool-worthy pictures to check out, head on over to their Instagram and hit follow! Of course, I can’t make any promises that you won’t start driving to Winnipeg at midnight just to be there when they open.
They also have a website where you can find their menu for the week. They set their menu on Sundays, so you can see which doughnuts you will be able to try for each day of the week. Here’s a snippet of what you can get:
- Everything bagel (specialty)
- Nutella cream w/ vanilla sugar
- Coffee Crisp
- Oreo cheesecake (specialty)
- Cranberry Curd
- Vanilla sprinkles
- Almond Joy
- Nutella glaze
- Cherry amaretto w/ toasted almonds
- Bailey’s glaze w/ brownie (specialty)
- Peanut butter cookies n’ cream
- Vegan pineapple curd w/ coconut
- Vegan dark chocolate caramel pretzel (specialty)
- Vegan chocolate dip
- Vegan lemon poppyseed
- Vegan root beer glaze
- Gluten friendly double chocolate caramel
If you are anywhere close to this shop, I highly recommend stopping by. Get there early, though because they always sell out and I mean ALWAYS!
More Articles about Winnipeg, Canada