So you want to lose weight and can’t afford a gym membership? We have found 15 At Home Exercises To Drop Weight Fast. You have to work hard and combine this with a healthy diet, but you can definitely see weight falling off when you push your body past it’s normal sedentary lifestyle.
15 At Home Exercises To Drop Weight Fast
- Walking In Place: This is the standard basic exercise for everyone to begin with. Walking can get your heart rate up quickly. As you increase the pace, you’ll be able to challenge yourself. Start with 10 minute increments and work up to walking in place (or around your home at a brisk pace) for up to 45 minutes.
- Climbing Stairs: If you have stairs in your home, you can go all kinds of Rocky Balboa and conquer them. Stairs are a great way to get in some aerobic exercise to increase your heart rate and burn calories. Start with slowly climbing until you can gain strength and can jog up and down the stairs.
- Dancing: Turn up the music and dance. Follow a dance video if you have one on hand, or simply spend the time twirling and moving with the music. People may laugh, but the classic Sweating To The Oldies series from Richard Simmons was a great idea and is perfect for dancing and getting your heart moving.
- Yoga: Yoga isn’t a high impact workout, but it is important for many in their weight loss journey. The stretching is great for the body and mind, but the physical strength gained from positions will build muscle and help you burn fat faster.
- Planking: Similar to yoga in strength building, planks work hard on your core muscles. Building a strong core will help you to burn fat faster.
- Squat Jumps: This is a fun and somewhat difficult exercise that is highly popular among the fitness groups. It is just what it sounds like. Squat then jump up. Squat jumps can be done in various ways, but basically are meant to help you strengthen your muscles while including some cardio.
- Playing Basketball: Get outside and have fun with the kids shooting hoops. Chasing a ball back and forth down your driveway is definitely a great form of exercise that is fun and natural.
- Push Mowing Lawns: Do you have a large lawn to mow this summer? Grab the push mower and do it walking instead of sitting. While this isn’t something you can do every day (unless you run a lawn care business), it can be a part of your fitness routine a few times a month.
- Using Free Weights: Simple weight lifting can be vital to your fat burning goals. Muscle strength will help your body to burn fat faster. A 5 pound dumbbell is a great way to start doing things like bicep curls and similar.
- Jumping Jacks: Nothing works your body out as much as a classic jumping jack. Not so great if you have bad knees, but definitely a great way to get your heart pumping. Be sure to wear good shoes and try to do these on a nice padded floor, or even outdoors on soft ground to lesson the impact.
- Hula Hooping: Not just for kids, a hula hoop can make a great appearance in your work out routine. Grab it and see how long you can keep the hoop in motion. This is a fun way to whittle away at your core and burn extra calories.
- Step Exercises: Remember when the step routines were all the rage? They are still great ways to exercise today. Grab a step platform, or build your own and start working on simple step movements.
- Jogging In Place: If you can’t get outside to jog, you can do so in place in your own home. Crank up the tunes and jog in place to increase your heart rate and burn calories fast.
- Push ups: Push ups are all about building muscle and strength. Since muscle helps you burn fat faster, add a few of these into your daily routine.
- Zumba: Everyone loves this fun filled dance exercise craze. You don’t have to take a class to do a great Zumba routine. Youtube and Netflix both have tons of videos you can stream to get you started.
As with any diet or exercise plan, you really need to check with your physician before you begin. Various medical conditions and prior injuries mean you need to be careful about how you exercise. For the average adult a healthy weekly weight loss is in the 1-3 pound range. Losing more than that each week can be a sign of other underlying problems. Make sure to stay well hydrated and eat a nutrient dense diet full of fruits and vegetables to give you energy and help you to stay on track. These at home exercises to drop weight fast are sure to boost your metabolism and give you an edge on your new health goals.