I hope that everyone had a fabulous weekend! Here in Minnesota we had a HUGE snow storm yesterday. They are saying the snow totals were 9-16 inches! Here is the amount that we had out in our front yard.
My boys really enjoyed playing out in the snow. It kept snowing all day long yesterday and my kids ended up having a two hour delay today.
Today for 20 Days of Christmas Cookies, I am excited to have another guest post! Lindsey from Todd & Lindsey is sharing a Sugar Cookie Chex Mix. Be sure to stop by and check out all her other yummy recipes!
- 6 c any variety chex
- 1/4 c butter
- 2 tbs corn syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 c powdered sugar
- 1/4 c white chocolate chips
- 4 tbs rainbow sprinkles
- Place chex in a large, microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave the butter in a small bowl for 30 seconds.
- Add the sugar and corn syrup into the melted butter and microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the microwaved mixture over the chex cereal and carefully toss until evenly coated.
- Microwave the entire mixture for 2 minutes, stirring after each minute.
- Carefully stir in the powdered sugar until all the chex are covered.
- Spread the chex evenly over wax paper to set.
- Microwave the white chocolate in a small bowl for about a minute, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Drizzle the melted white chocolate and scatter sprinkles over the top of the chex.
- Refrigerate until everything is set and then gently break up the mixture into bite sized pieces.