Hi, everyone! I hope that everyone is getting their last minute Christmas shopping and baking finished up! I have been enjoying some time helping in my son’s class room and on his field trip this week and in between I am finishing up my baking. I have two types of cookies left to bake and a one new candy I want to try. So, I am very close to being done! Is it just me or has December gone so fast this year?
Today I am sharing another family favorite of ours, Peanut Butter Balls. If you love peanut butter, then these are a must try! This recipe actually made a lot of balls, I had around 6 dozen.
Peanut Butter Balls
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3–3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon shortening, divided
- 1/3 cup white baking chips
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until blended; gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- Stir in cereal. Shape into 1-in. balls. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 1/4 cup shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls into chocolate; allow excess to drip off.
- Place on a waxed paper-lined pan. Let stand until set.
- In a microwave, melt white baking chips and remaining shortening.
- Stir until smooth. Drizzle over candies. Refrigerate until set.
Leave a comment