- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3–3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon shortening, divided
- 1/3 cup white baking chips
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until blended; gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- Stir in cereal. Shape into 1-in. balls. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 1/4 cup shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls into chocolate; allow excess to drip off.
- Place on a waxed paper-lined pan. Let stand until set.
- In a microwave, melt white baking chips and remaining shortening.
- Stir until smooth. Drizzle over candies. Refrigerate until set.