Uses for Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is gaining popularity as people realize all the value it contains. Coconut oil has many uses, making it a wonderful product you will want to include in your cabinets. If you are unsure about the uses for coconut oil, be sure to check out 25 uses for coconut oil below! As you will see, coconut oil is a great product to have on hand!
25 Uses for Coconut Oil
1. Substitute coconut oil as a replacement to butter.
2. Use it in place of coffee creamer for a healthier cup of coffee.
3. Add it to your skin lotion for some extra nutrients and a great scent or make your own DIY Whipped Body Butter!
4. Use some on a cotton ball to remove stubborn eye make up.
5. Use it to combat diaper rash. Just dab a few drops on and gently rub.
6. Use on belly during pregnancy to prevent stretch marks.
7. Use it to lessen the appearance of stretch marks you already have.
8. Banish dry scalp with just a few drops massaged in.
9. Boost your massages with a little coconut oil. It smells great and will be great for your skin.
10. Banish hair frizz with just a few drops between your palms. Smooth over your hair then brush.
11. Dab on lips as a natural and SPF 4 chapstick or use in homemade Lip Gloss Recipes.
12. Use as a substitute for vegetable oil in the kitchen.
13. Soothe skin after shaving. Works great for men too!
14. Take a teaspoon daily orally to help with digestion.
15. Add some coconut oil to warm tea to help with stomach troubles.
16. Mix with some fresh herbs such as rosemary to make your own bug repellant.
17. Apply to the cuticles and massage for healthier nails.
18. Eliminate dry feet, elbows, and knees with just a few drops and a massage.
19. Apply topically to yeast-based rashes to help heal and prevent itching.
20. Clear up cold sores with just a few dabs over the course of a few days.
21. Apply coconut oil to skin irritations on pets.
22. Add a little coconut oil to toothpaste to make it more nutrient rich.
23. Use a dab of coconut oil around the eyes to soften wrinkles.
24. Swish a little coconut oil in your mouth to promote gum health.
25. Use in place of baby lotion.
If you have been curious about coconut oil, give it a try! As you can see, these 25 ways are the perfect way to get started. From uses in the kitchen to the bathroom, you will never run out of ways to use coconut oil in your home.