Back to school will mean hectic mornings, afternoons where kids come home insatiably hungry, with piles of homework in front of them.
Back to school means packing lunches, chauffeuring kids to school and extracurricular activities while sitting and waiting at practices for them to finish.
After school snack time becomes incredibly important when you’re thinking about keeping your kids going and fully fueled until dinner time and it doesn’t have to be hard either. You can easily keep those snack attacks at bay when you have just a couple of their favorites on hand!
- Stock up- Plan ahead and stock your freezer with quick and filling prepared foods like El Monterey products. Fill the fruit bowl and keep other quick energy giving snacks on hand. You know your kids; you know what they love as well as what works for them when it comes to keeping them fueled.
- Keep it simple- The days when you have sports, dance class, PTA meetings and more you may not have time for complicated and time-consuming snacks. Keep it simple by grabbing freezer items like El Monterey Burritos – trust me your kids will love you! Not only are they super easy to make but they’re delicious too!
- Fuel them up-Sometimes after spending the day battling peer pressure, pop quizzes, and running laps they need more than a pack of crackers or milk and cookies as their after school snack. Sometimes they need a more filling tasty snack.
- Use real ingredients- Convenience is great but if the snacks are full of a lot of imitation this or beef-like that then quality goes right out the window. El Monterey Burritos are made with real ingredients like shredded steak, Monterey Jack Cheese, and fresh-baked tortillas. I love that they are convenient and I can feel good about giving them to the whole family.
- Mix it up- While the kids do enjoy El Monterey Beef and Bean Burritos heated up from the box sometimes it’s fun to give them a little twist. I like to mix it up by offering this Cheesy Burrito Dip.
Cheesy Burrito Dip
4 oz. cream cheese
½ cup salsa
¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
Combine cream cheese and salsa in a small pan over medium heat, stir frequently until mixed and melted.
Stir in cheddar cheese to melt.
Prepare your burrito as directed on the package then offer the dip on the side, or you can drizzle it right over the top.
I can feel good about serving El Monterey to my family knowing that it has been family owned for over 50 years by the Ruiz family who takes pride in offering affordable, quality, and delicious Mexican food to families.
How do you enjoy El Monterey Products after school?