If you have pushed a cart up and down the aisles of Trader Joes you already know what the attraction is right? Fresh produce in every variety, gourmet sauces, and other unique items that you never knew you needed but must put in your cart. They have a tropical tiki bar vibe going on and are manned by friendly employees wearing Hawaiian shirts and big goofy grins.
If you haven’t been yet I urge you to find one in your area and mosey on in for some chocolate covered bananas, BPA free canned goods, or some really cheap wine. Today I want to introduce you to the 8 Must buy items at Trader Joes, gather them in your cart and enjoy them ( you are gonna wanna open #6 in the car on the way home).
8 Must Buy Items at Trader Joes
- Wine- Trader Joes has an insanely large wine section for being a smaller specialty store. Wines of every type- Pinot, Merlot, Moscato, and everything in between. They are known for their two buck chuck (which actually runs somewhere between $2 and $3) but all their wine is very reasonably priced and you are sure to find something you like.
- Fresh Produce-I love to fill my cart with things I can’t find at my regular grocery store. Colorful organic things like rainbow heirloom carrots, riced cauliflower, and bags of salad of every type.
- Cookie Butter-Look, people told me it was delicious and I was all “yeah, yeah”. Then I opened my jar and dipped my spoon in for “just a taste”. I was done and hooked for life. It has the consistency of peanut butter unless you get the chunky and then oh the little pieces of slightly spicy cookie goodness. It goes amazingly well with fresh fruit, graham crackers, in ice cream, brownies, or straight off the spoon.
- Cheese- If you are a cheese lover you can easily get lost for an hour in their cheese section. From simple sharp cheddar to Silver Goat Chevre and Apple Pie Cheddar. Selections like Creamy Toscano Cheese soaked in Syrah will make your eyes roll right back in your head.
- Chips/crackers -Snack on them alone or pair them with a variety of cheeses. Raisin Rosemary Crisps, Pita Bite Crackers, Cheese Bites and Roasted Gorgonzola Crackers deserve a little buggy and pantry space. You won’t go back to boring old barbecue after that.
- Candy Bars- Gourmet grown up candy bars, the kind you hide from your kids and the hubby. My favorites are the dark chocolate bars stuffed with their famous cookie butter and the milk chocolate filled with PB&J. Try not to forget them on your next trip, you won’t regret the indulgence.
- Flowers/Plants- Beautiful fresh flowers, pots of herbs, and healthy looking plants are in abundance at Trader Joe’s. Next time you are picking up chicken breasts and coffee treat yourself to a fresh bunch, they will make you smile every time you look at them.
- Condiments- TJ’s is where you go when you want things like Fig Butter, Everything but the Bagel seasoning, Green Olive Tapenade, Peach Salsa, Balsamic Vinegar, and BACON JAM to make everything else taste 10 times better.
Let me know if you give it a try and tell me what your favorite Trader Joe’s item is!
Be sure to grab out FREE Budget Binder today! It will help you get your families finances on the right track! Click the photo below to print out your own!