Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Motts.
After school snack time is one of the busiest times in our house right behind the morning rush! It’s important to stay organized and prepared for snack time to make it a “Win” for Mom and keep the kids happy!
We have several delicious snack ideas to share with you along with FIVE SNACK TIME TIPS to make it fun and organized!
FIVE SNACK TIME TIPS
1. Get the kids involved! Take some of the stress off yourself and have the kids help with snack time. They can pick what they want (our of preselected option), prepare the snack and clean up! The more hands on they are with the snacks, the better!
2. Create an Organized Snack Station – This way the kids know right where the snacks are that they are allowed to pick from!
3. Make it Fun – instead of just having Peanut Butter Sandwiches pick some new snacks for the kids that they will be excited about trying! Make the snacks into fun shapes or use some colorful containers. Making everything fun is half the battle!
4. Take the Time to Talk – use this time to talk to your kids about homework, what happened at school or on the bus. You will have a few minutes of their attention while they’re snacking so use it!
5. Have Lots of Snack Options – we pulled together 15 delicious snack and treat options that your kids will LOVE! Check them out below!
Fifteen Snack Ideas for Kids (they will LOVE you for these)
1. Homemade Granola Bars – these are a NO-Bake option too that are simple to make!
2. Fresh Fruits and Veggies – try cutting them into fun shapes and sizes!
3. Mott’s Fruity Rolls and Fruit Centers – if your kids love Fruit Snacks they are going to adore these!
Whether packing school lunches in the morning or providing snacks for after-school activities, new Mott’s Fruity Rolls and Mott’s Fruity Centers are easy wins for mom. These new snacks fun for kids and made with the colors and flavors from natural sources that moms will also love.
4. Chocolate Chip Edamame Protein Bites – A delicious snack that’s high in protein too!
5. Chocolate Avocado Pudding – not only is this healthy but it’s also only a few ingredients to make!
6. Banana Creme Pudding Pops – I remember having pudding pops when I was a kid and they were a favorite of mine. This homemade version is going to be a new favorite at your house!
7. Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies – these are move than just a breakfast option, they’re a great snack idea too!
8. Garlic Parmesan Roasted Chickpeas – instead of chips give these a try! They’re crunchy and full of flavor!
9. Homemade Camp Granola – one of my boys favorite snacks is homemade granola. This recipe is amazing!
10. Cookies and Cream Popcorn – this is a little more of a treat than a snack but it doesn’t hurt to treat the kids occasionally!
11. Pesto Mozzarella Melts – these are not only a delicious kids snack but the adults will love them too!
12. Cookies and Cream Cereal Bar Treats – a delicious treat that’s full of flavor! Plus, kids can help make these!
13. Campers Crunch Trail Mix – a great treat for on the go too!
14. Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich – this is something my kids always ask for after school. It’s one of their favorites!
15. Smoothies – let them pick the flavor and what they want to include!