An easy recipe for Apple Breakfast Bake from our contributor, Alice Seuffert of Dining with Alice.
One of my favorite ways to start a slow weekend is to make a breakfast bake for my family. I love days where we can stay in our pajamas and drink endless cups of coffee. My family equally loves savory breakfast bakes, like my Ham and Tater Tot Egg Bake and sweet casseroles, like this Apple Breakfast Bake.
This Apple Breakfast Bake is one of my favorite breakfast bakes to make because apples are available all year. So it is a perfect breakfast for the fall, Christmas morning, Easter or Mother’s Day.
For the bread base in the recipe, I use Hawaiian rolls. The sweetness of the rolls pairs perfectly with the tart apples. If you love Hawaiian rolls as much as I do, you should try my Baked Ham Sandwich recipe, they are mini ham sandwiches baked inside buttery ranch Hawaiian rolls.
This breakfast bake is simple to prepare and would be a great cooking project with your kids on a slow weekend. Once you get the apples and bread chopped up, the oven does all the work and cooks this Apple Breakfast Bake to perfection. Drizzle melted butter and brown sugar on top and you’re all set to celebrate a big family event or slow weekend with your family.
Alice is the creator of Dining with Alice where she shares creative comfort food recipes and conversations about motherhood. Alice cooks regularly on television and is known for her easy, accessible and fun recipes. She is the author of Freezer Meals for Moms and you can connect with her via her Email Newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.Print
- 4 large Apples (5 cups chopped)
- 1/3 Brown Sugar
- 1 TB Apple Pie Spice
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 1tsp Vanilla
- 12 ounces Hawaiian Bread (12 rolls)
- 4 TB melted butter
- 2 TB Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine chopped apples, brown sugar, apple pie spice. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, half and half and vanilla. Set aside.
- Cube Hawaiian bread.
- Spray 9×13 pan with nonstick spray
- Combine bread and apples in pan.
- Pour egg, vanilla and half and half mixture over bread and apples.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 50 minutes until bubbling and the top is puffed up. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Combine melted butter and brown sugar. Pour over the top of the breakfast bake.
- Serve with syrup.