Whether you child is headed to school for the first time, starting their Senior Year, or returning to college there is going to be a long list of necessary gear to shop for. From pencils to laptops they are going to need a lot of help with Back to School shopping. Technology is a huge help and convenience for researching term papers, writing book reports, and practicing their multiplication tables- make sure they have the things they need to set them up for success this school year.
With computers and tablets in the home right at your fingertips is a whole world of information, word processing programs, and photo editing software. This can help your child succeed and excel in all of their classes and get a little fun in too. I gathered together some of the hot new items for back to school from Microsoft to make it a little easier for you to choose from the vast resources out there!
Microsoft Surface 3– If you are looking for touchscreen technology combined with performance and value this is it! A laptop and tablet combined with a 10.8″ screen, Windows 8.1, and a 1 year subscription to Windows Office 365 Personal makes this a great value for your student.
HP Pavillion– Portability, affordability, and function- What more could your student ask for? I think this makes a fantastic starter computer for your elementary student or is great to send off to college for term papers. It has USB and HDMI ports, touchscreen or keyboard capability, and Windows 8.1 installed.
HP Spectre 360– If you need something a little more powerful and professional but still with portability and touchscreen capability you will love this 13.3″ screen, up to 12 hours of battery life, and Intel core i7-5500U processor.
Set for computers but need some software?
Windows 10 will be available as a free upgrade starting July 29th! It includes a personal digital assistant- Cortana, Microsoft Edge- the new Windows browser, and Xbox live built in for gamers.
Office 365 for Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, and OneNote (also available for Mac). At only $79.99 for a four year subscription to Office 365 University this is an affordable way to keep your student productive.
Make back to school and homework a snap with Microsoft’s line of products and productivity software!
Which one is your favorite?
To understand what is most top of mind heading into the 2016 school year, Bing tapped into its rich search data and predictions algorithms to develop its top 5 predictions for what parents will be thinking about this season:
- The number one topic Bing predicts parents will be concerned with this back to school season is meal planning including developing new ideas for school lunches and packing healthy lunches.
- The price tag associated with the back to school season is a top stressor for parents coming in at number two in Bing’s findings. Based on cost related searches Bing predicts parents will be most focused on the cost of school uniforms and school supplies, including tablets.
- Number three on Bing findings were social issues students may face when going back to school such as peer pressure or bullying.
- After-school care is also top of mind with the number four result showing that parents will be focused on babysitters, after school clubs and after school transportation.
- Quality of education continues to be a hot topic with parents making it no surprise that number five in Bing’ findings point to topics like lack of funding and STEM education as a top stressor. Additionally, Bing is finding that year over year, the most rising trend in education searches include apps for education, online education games for kids and online school options.