- 8 slices bacon
- 2 T. light brown sugar
- 1 t. smoked paprika
- 4 T. unsalted butter
- 1 sweet onion, minced
- 4 stalks of celery, minced
- 1 t. sage
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) Pepperidge Farm Country Style Stuffing
- 2 c. turkey or chicken stock
- 1/3 c. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 T. unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 410 degrees. Place an oven-safe cooking rack (metal) in the bottom of a sheet pan (or line the sheet pan with foil and spray with cooking spray). Lay the 8 slices of bacon in the pan in an even layer. Mix together the brown sugar and paprika. Evenly spread the bacon with the brown sugar mixture.
- Bake the bacon until it is crisp, start checking after about 20 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool completely. The bacon can be made a day or two ahead, crumbled and kept refrigerated in an air-tight container. Be sure to let it come to room temperature before mixing it into the stuffing.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat a large stock pot over medium high heat and melt the 4 tablespoons of butter in it.
- Add the onion, celery, sage and salt to the pot and sauté for 8 -10 minutes, until the vegetables are starting to brown and are very soft.
- Stir in the stuffing bread cubes and parsley to coat with butter and veggies. Stir in the turkey or chicken stock until the stuffing is evenly moist.
- Remove from heat and stir in the candy bacon.
- Brush 12 muffin cups with melted butter. Use a cookie or muffin scoop to evenly fill the cups with stuffing. Bake for 18-20 minutes until stuffing muffins are starting to get browned and crisp on the top.