Gas is definitely not cheap, and neither are car repairs, insurance, or all the things that go into owning and driving a vehicle. You may know that biking is better for you than driving, but biking has other benefits you may not have even thought about. Here are a few of the benefits of biking instead of driving:
There are Multiple Health Benefits
Biking instead of driving is healthier for you in more ways than one. You may know that biking is a healthier alternative, but did you know that biking health benefits include:
- Increased cardiovascular health? Biking keeps your heart young and when your heart feels young, the rest of you does too.
- Better flexibility and muscle movement? If you aren’t using your muscles, your flexibility and muscle movement suffers. The more you bike, the better your muscles feel.
- Decrease in fat storage? That is right, you are burning calories which means you aren’t storing up excess fat in your arteries or fat cells.
- Reduction in stress and anxiety levels? Exercise is proven to decrease stress and anxiety, and biking is a form of exercise that even your emotions feel.
- Stronger Bones? That is right, when the rest of your body is getting what it needs, your bones get what they need too. This means you are less likely to get osteoporosis or other bone diseases.
- Protection from serious diseases like stroke, heart attack, and diabetes? Exercise is good at preventing many ailments.
Biking is Less Expensive
Let’s face it; when you ride a bike, you save in many different areas. You don’t have to pay a car payment, insurance, or for gas. You, also, don’t have to spend money repairing expensive parts, changing tires, or getting oil changes. Think about how many different things you could use that money on if you weren’t using it on your car.
It is Better for the Environment
Our Earth is getting pretty clouded from all the chemicals and harmful substances we kick into the air. Even our Ozone layer is effected by the pollution put out by vehicles. You may not realize it, but even just biking a few times a week is going to make an impact on our environment. It takes one person to make a difference, and that person could be you.
Biking Makes You a Better Love Maker
This is a weird benefit, right?! Well, it is true. According to studies, aerobic exercise can be compared to Viagra. This is because both exercise and Viagra widen the blood vessels making blood flow easier. Regular biking makes you feel better, increases your energy, and makes you look better thus increasing your desire and ability to make love.
It’s a Great Way to Find Cool Stuff
When you drive, you are paying attention to the road, the signs, and the other cars around you. However, when you bike, you are moving at a much slower pace which gives you the opportunity to find that $5 bill sticking out of the sewer or the free sofa on the side of the road. Biking is a great way to find cool stuff.
Let’s Find the Perfect Bike!
Yuba Boda Boda – I was thrilled to partner with Yuba and check out their awesome bikes. I’ve been using the Boda Boda for a couple months now and LOVE it. Not only is it a great work out but I’m using it when I go to the store, get the mail and I can even give my little pup a ride in the front basket! It’s perfect for everything I need – I only wish I could use it year round!
World’s Lightest Cargo Bike
It’s a cargo bike designed for everyday transportation, anywhere you see fit—really, it’ll fit most anywhere: transit racks, the elevator, your car, the subway, your 4th-floor walk-up… Trust me, this is impressive.
Biking is great for you and the environment. What benefits have you found from biking? Share in the comments below!