- 12 pre-made sugar cookies (shape of a large circle, about 3 inches in diameter)
- 2 cups red candy melts
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Store-bought white cake fondant (about 6-8 oz.)
- Store-bought blue cake fondant (about 3-4 oz.)
- 3 circular cookie cutters (2 inch in diameter, 1.5 inch in diameter, and another 0.5 inch in diameter)
- Small star cookie cutter
- Vanilla buttercream
- Yields: 12 Captain America cookies
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Microwave your candy and coconut oil in 30-second intervals until completely melted. Mix thoroughly.
- Using a fork, dip each sugar cookie into the melted candy and set carefully on lined baking sheet. Allow setting in the refrigerator for about one hour.
- Dust a clean working surface with cornstarch and start rolling out your fondant. Cut your white fondant with the largest cookie cutter and then using the 1.5 inch cookie cutter, cut a hole in the middle of it.
- Using your smallest circular cookie cutter, cut out blue fondant circles. Cut star shapes from the white fondant and use buttercream to “glue” it onto your blue fondant circles.
- Once the coated cookies are set, remove them fridge and start assembling. Using your buttercream as the “glue,” place your large white circle, then the blue one (with the star). Enjoy!