- ½ cup butter – softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon Rodelle vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon mint extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup Rodelle Baking Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup crushed Andes Mints (You may be able to buy Andes pieces near the chocolate chips)
- 24 Andes Mints (optional for frosting the cookies)
- In a large bowl, beat the softened butter.
- Cream in white and brown sugar.
- Add the vanilla and mint extract and the egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa.
- Stir into the wet ingredients.
- Add in the Andes mint pieces.
- Using a cookie scoop make 1 inch balls and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate for a30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and bake for about 9 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and immediately place 2 Andes mints on the top of the cookie. Let them sit for a minute or pop them back in the oven for a few seconds until the mint has melted and then spread on the cookie with a knife.
- Do not overcook these or the cookie will be crunchy.