Have you ever tried adding Peppermint Ganache to your cupcakes during the holiday season? It is an amazing addition to any cupcake, cookie, cake or dessert in general plus it’s simple to make!
You can even make this recipe a little easier by using a store bought Yellow Cake Mix instead of making it from scratch. Then add your homemade Peppermint Ganache to the top and finish it off with a Peppermint Star Peep. Yum!
Peppermint Star Cupcakes with Peppermint Ganache frosting
Ingredients for Yellow Cupcakes
· 1 ¼ Cups Flour
· 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
· ¼ tsp Salt
· ¾ Cup Sugar
· 6 TBSP Unsalted Butter, Softened
· 2 Large Eggs
· 1 tsp Vanilla
Preheat oven to 350.
2. Line a standard 12 cup muffin tin with paper or foil liners.
In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In another bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
5. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk to the butter/sugar mixture, beginning and ending with the flour, beating on low speed until just combined and no traces of flour remain.
Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
6. Bake until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 18-20 minutes.
7. Let the cupcakes cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes
8.Frost the cupcakes with your favorite this easy chocolate ganache.
Ingredients for Chocolate Ganache:
· ½ Cup Mint Chocolate Chips
· ¼ cup whipping Cream
1. Place the chocolate chips in a small bowl.
2. Place the Chocolate chips in a small bowl.
3. Warm the cream in a small saucepan over low heat until it starts to steam and make little bubbles.
4. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips and let sit for a minute.
5. Take a cupcake and turn upside down to dip into the ganache.
6. Sprinkle the top of the cupcake with crushed Candy Canes and top with a Peppermint Star PEEP.
These were simple to make and taste delicious, my youngest son always asks for chocolate ganache frosting on his desserts. It’s adorable!
We’ve used these yummy little PEEPS in so many different ways with our Christmas baking and gifts. Be sure to check out our Peppermint Hot Chocolate Recipe or for more PEEPS recipes, crafts and other fun holiday ideas visit www.Facebook.com/PeepsBrand/adventcalendar.
Leave a comment