My name is Dee, and I blog at Meatloaf and Melodrama, where I talk about easy recipes, DIY projects and fun crafts. When Chrissy asked me to be one of her contributors, I was beyond thrilled, and I’m so excited to be sharing some dark chocolate chip cookie bars with all of you today!
I’m a mom to five kids, and although they’re all different, the one thing we all have in common is our complete love of anything chocolate. A few months ago, my older kids and I were experimenting with different dessert ideas, and we made some chocolate chip cookie bars that we absolutely loved. This time, we decided to change things up a little bit, and we made a chocolate version based on that same recipe. The result was a pan of ooey, gooey chocolatey goodness that was gone the next day! I would love to say that the kids ate them all, but that would be a slight exaggeration — I did have one, or maybe more!
To make these bars of chocolate goodness, you will need:
- 2 cups white flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder (I used one each of dark cocoa and regular cocoa).
- powdered sugar to dust over the bars
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease a 9X13 baking dish with butter.
- In medium-sized bowl, melt the butter in the microwave.
- Add the brown sugar and white sugar and stir until combined.
- Add the eggs, beating well after each egg is added.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Then gradually add the flour salt, and mix well.
- Add the baking powder, salt, cinnamon and cocoa powder, and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips, and press mixture evenly into the buttered baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the edges are firm and a toothpick comes out clean.
- When done, allow to cool slightly before cutting into bars and topping them with powdered sugar
I hope you enjoy these bars as much as we did. In fact, I have a feeling that as the weather gets cooler, we’ll be making these more often around my house!
You are more than welcome to visit me at Meatloaf and Melodrama at any time. Thanks so much for letting me share one of my favorite chocolate recipes today!
More Delicious Recipes from Meatloaf and Melocrama