Homemade Cinnamon Rolls are one of those recipes that I pull out and make when the weather is cold and I want to warm up the house and tummies. I have a couple tried and true recipes that I turn to when I make them, one from my Grandpa and this one. Both recipes are delicious and I’ll be sharing the other one soon but for now these Easy Homemade Cinnamon Rolls are amazing and I’m sure you’ll love them!
How to Make Easy Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
These are a really easy cinnamon roll made with yeast, don’t be afraid to try them for that reason! You’ll be missing out!
Ingredients for Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
- 4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Packages Dry Yeast
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Egg
Ingredients for Filling
- 1/2 Cup Melted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
Ingredients for Glaze
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons Hot Water
- Step 1 – Mix together 2 Cups Flour, yeast and salt – set aside
- Step 2 – In a small saucepan, head the milk, water, butter and sugar on low heat until it reaches 120F, stir constantly
- Step 3 – Pour the Milk mixture into the flour and mix until smooth
- Step 4 – Add the Egg and 1/2 cup more Flour and mix for 2 minutes
- Step 5 – Continue to add the rest of the flour to make a soft dough
- Step 6 – Kneed the dough for a couple minutes and then cover to rise for 30 minutes
- Step 7 – Once the dough has risen, roll it into a rectangle that is about 1/4 inch think
- Step 8 – Spread the melted butter on top and sprinkle with the brown sugar and cinnamon
- Step 9 – Roll the dough like a jelly roll, keep it as tight as possible, cut into 12 rolls using a knife
- Step 10 – Place the rolls on a greased pan and let rise again for 20 minutes
- Step 11 – Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes, let cool completely before making the glaze and topping the rolls with it. I added sprinkles for fun too.
Be sure to stop and check out our Breakfast Pinterest Board for more delicious ideas like these Homemade Cinnamon Rolls!