- 2 cups warm milk
- 2 tablespoons instant dry yeast
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine warm milk, yeast, sugar – let it stand for five minutes.
- Add the salt, butter, and eggs.
- Add in 5½ cups of flour.
- Using a dough hook, turn the mixer on to a low speed. Once the flour starts to incorporate into the dough, increase the speed to a medium range.
- Slowly add the remaining ½ cup of flour until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. The dough mixture should be slightly sticky and soft. You can add more or less flour as needed.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly greased mixing bowl. Cover with a towel and let rise 90 minutes or until the dough has about doubled in size.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet. Punch down the dough and form into 24 rolls.
- Place the rolls on the greased baking sheet.
- Cover and let rise 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake the rolls for 12 to 14 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove rolls from oven and brush with melted butter.