- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Espresso
- Frosting Ingredients
- 5 Tablespoons unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 6 Tablespoons Milk
- 5 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- Instructions for Peppermint Espresso Sheet Cake
- Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 10×15 inch pan.
- Step 2 – Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl
- Step 3 – Add the sour cream and eggs to the flour mixture and set aside
- Step 4 – Melt the butter on low in a saucepan, then add the water and espresso plus the 5 tablespoons of cocoa.
- Step 5 – Bring the mixture to a boil and then remove from heat. Allow to cool slightly.
- Step 6 – Mix the cocoa mixture into the flour mixture and blend well
- Step 7 – Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Step 8 – For the frosting combine the milk, cocoa and butter in a saucepan and bring to a boil
- Step 9 – Remove from heat and stir in the powdered sugar and peppermint extract until well blended
- Step 10 – Spread the frosting over the warm cake and top with Candy Cane pieces. Enjoy!