This post brought to you by Netflix. All opinions are 100% mine.
It may be because I am getting old but their is nothing better than a Date Night At Home! I love to cuddle up turn on a Netflix movie or show and have a delicious dessert with my hubby. I don’t have to get all dressed up and fancy to leave the house and it’s so relaxed and comfy. I love it!
I made a really yummy Up In Flames Drunken Bananas dessert from Curtis Stone that was inspired by Netflix’s very own Arrested Development 🙂 and have to share this deliciousness with you! It was so fancy looking but simple to make!
How to Make Up In Flames Drunken Bananas
- 1/4 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium bananas, peeled
- 1/4 cup golden rum
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
To make the spiced ice cream:
- In a medium bowl, break up the ice cream with a spoon, then mix in the nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Cover the ice cream and return it to the freezer. Keep the ice cream frozen until ready to serve.
To cook the bananas:
- In a 12-inch nonstick frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Slice the bananas in half lengthwise and lay the bananas cut side down in the butter mixture. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until the bananas are caramelized on the underside and the sugar mixture has melted and become golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add the rum. Using a long match, carefully ignite the rum. Be sure to do this in a well-ventilated area and away from any flammable material. Allow the flame to burn out. Turn the bananas over. Return the pan to medium heat and stir in the cream. Baste the bananas with the caramel sauce for about 1 minute.
Divide the bananas between two plates. Spoon some sauce over the bananas. Top each with a scoop of ice cream, and then drizzle the remaining sauce over and around the ice cream and bananas. Serve immediately.
Doesn’t that look delicious? It was amazing and such a perfect date night dessert!
Do you use Netflix at home? There are so many different shows and options when you have it! My kids can pull up movies on their tablets and watch movies and shows they love or I can pull up a movie while I am in the kitchen baking.
You can watch shows like Frasier, 30 Rock, Family Guy and so many other options. I can always find a fun new series to start or show that I had forgotten about and pull it up while I’m cooking.
Which show/movie will you be watching on Netflix this Thanksgiving and Holiday season? I would love to hear more ideas and find shows to watch while I am baking!