Have you ever tried the “You’ve Been Boo’d” in your neighborhood? It’s a really easy and a fun way to get the neighbors ready for Halloween.
We have started this or participated in the tradition for the last six years. I always try to remember to get it started soon into October so we can see how far the “Boo’s” travel in the neighborhood.
This year we have our own FREE Halloween “You’ve Been Boo’d” printable for you to use! We created a simple version that you can print out and get started on your block!
How to start the “You’ve been Boo’d” Neighborhood Fun
Materials you need
“You’ve Been Boo’d” FREE printable (3 copies)
Small Tin, bag or basket
Inexpensive Goodies to fill it with
- Fill your basket or bags with your goodies to give the neighbor.
- Be sure to include a copy of the instructions and sign plus I like to leave 2 extra’s to keep it going easier.
- Find a house that does NOT already have a “We’ve Been Boo’d” sign in the window.
- Send your kids out the door and let them Ding and Dash! Have them leave the goodies on the door step of an unsuspecting neighbor, ring the bell and run!
Hopefully everyone will continue to pass on the fun and “Boo” another neighbor on the street! It’s really fun to watch and see just how far it can travel and if it ends up coming back to your own house.
- We have had occasions when we have been Boo’d right after we started the game and would pass it on to another neighbor to keep the fun going.
- Have you ever participated in this little Halloween tradition? What do you include in your little gifts?