- 2 Sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups Truvia Baking Blend
- 4 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup grated lemon zest (3 to 4 large lemons)
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Raspberry filling – to use later, when building your cake. (I used store bought raspberry pie filling, just to save time. It still tasted excellent!)
- Batch of Lemon Buttercream Frosting (Recipe below)
- Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Step 2 – Grease two 8 inch round pans and set aside.
- Step 3 – Cream together the Truvia Baking Blend sugar and butter until it’s light and fluffy.
- Step 4 – Add the eggs one at a time.
- Step 5 – Mix in the lemon Zest.
- Step 6 – In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Step 7 – Next, mix the lemon juice, buttermilk and vanilla in a third bowl.
- Step 8 – Add the flour and buttermilk mixtures to the butter and sugar and blend well.
- Step 9 – Divide the batter into the two cake pans and bake for 35 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Step 10 – Flip the cakes out of the pans and let them cool before frosting the cake.
- Step 11 – Place the first cake on your tray and add a layer of the raspberry filling.
- Step 12 – Top with the second cake and frost the entire cake with the lemon buttercream frosting. Enjoy!