I’m sharing Febreze in my life as part of a sponsored series for Socialstars™
Making your guest room a hotel retreat will create a relaxing haven where your guests can unwind and sink into comfort. It will make you a very popular hostess, indeed, but the drawback is that you may never have an empty guest room again! It’s more than just washing the sheets and stocking up on soda- putting in a little extra effort will really be appreciated by your visitors and make them feel like they are being treated to a 5-star resort visit with a personal touch. I am sharing my 7 favorite tips for making your guest room amazing…
Make Your Guest Room a Hotel Retreat
- Upgrade the bedding- you don’t have to run out and buy a new mattress but check to make sure yours is in good repair, consider adding a quality mattress pad like the egg carton style to make it a bit more luxurious. Upgrade to sheets with a higher thread count and a thick fluffy cover as well as a thin one in the closet so they can use what is comfortable. Do your pillows need to be replaced? After making the bed give them a good fluff up and smooth out the shams.
- Personalize the space- The best hotels know what their returning guests like and they work hard to provide it. You don’t have to be a concierge but a thoughtful gesture like leaving a framed photo of you and your guests from another visit can go a long way to making them feel welcome. Are they bringing a baby? Borrow a pack n’ play and have it set up in the room before they get there. Are you planning a lot of activities with early start times? Place an alarm clock on the bedside table for them.
- Offer reading material-Leave a pile of magazines or books on the side table or in an easily accessible basket for them to enjoy at their leisure in the evenings or over their morning coffee. Include a book light and be sure there is a lamp in the room on the bedside table as well.
- Put in a coffee bar-One of my favorite ways to treat my guests is by placing a single use coffee pot, coffee, tea, mugs, spoons, sugar, and powdered creamer on the dresser or bedside table. This special touch allows them to enjoy their morning coffee at their own pace, even in bed, without worry of waking the house up early or if they sleep in they won’t have to worry about mussing the kitchen after its been tidied.Provide a bowl of fresh fruit or a plate of home baked cookies give your guests another aspect of that hotel feel for midnight or mid-afternoon snacking
- Add special amenities– Create a basket of items they might need in full or trial sizes- shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, toothbrushes, toothpaste, and other items out in plain view for them to use. Tuck in a card with your WiFi password for guests to use as well and leave it out in plain sight.
- Provide fresh towels-Be sure to leave your guests with a pile of clean fluffy towels in their room, even though there may be a stock of towels in the bathroom they will appreciate not having to dig around or request them. If you have a pool make sure that you also leave them with a couple pool sized towels to use.
5. Keep the room fresh and clean- Be sure to keep the room fresh and clean smelling without even needing to come in and tidy up. Febreze uses OdorClear technology to eliminate odors, not just cover them up, so your home won’t smell like dirty sneakers AND a flowery cover up smell. Febreze PLUG contains two alternating scents so there is constantly a light fresh scent filling the room, it can be adjusted to allow for a light scent or a stronger stream of freshness.
HOW TO USE
To start, you’ll need an electric oil warmer Febreze PLUG and a scent refill. Unscrew the caps of the refill and set it into the warmer until you hear a click. Insert the warmer into any outlet, adjust your level of intensity, and enjoy the waves of freshness.
TIP: Outlet upside down or sideways? No problem. The PLUGs rotate. Move the warmer around until it’s perfectly upright.
WHERE TO USE
USE in high-traffic rooms that are in need of continuous odor elimination and layers of guest-ready freshness.
DON’T USE in an unsafe outlet, on its side, or with any other non-Febreze pluggable.
WHEN TO USE
Put in any room of your home to eliminate those unwanted odors, and keep your home guest-ready for 45 days.* The best part? No need to spritz or spray… the freshness lasts.
* on low setting
What is your favorite way to create a retreat for guests?