It’s that time of year again, the Minnesota State fair is right around the corner! We have some awesome information on the new foods and what you can expect this year as well as some delicious Fair Food Recipes to share with you! Cause let’s be honest, we all go to the fair to eat! Am I right?
First, let me tell you which food I am most excited to try and that’s the Caribbean- Style Lobster Roll. Yum!
Caribbean- Style Lobster Roll
Chilled lobster salad tossed in a citrus chipotle mayo seasoned with Caribbean flavors — including cayenne pepper, allspice and nutmeg — served on a soft buttered and grilled roll.
Find it at Café Caribe located on Carnes Ave.
near Chambers St.
Waffle Ice Cream Sandwich
What about trying a Hot Toasted Waffle Ice Cream Sandwich? Since it has waffles that counts for breakfast! Right?
Two hot, crunchy, toasted waffles sandwich a wedge of rich vanilla ice cream with a light powdered sugar dusting — it’s hot, cold and crunchy.
Find it at West End Creamery* located at
West End Market.
Canadian lobster pieces poached in butter, dipped in a corn batter, deep-fried and served with a spiced dipping sauce.
Find it at LuLu’s Public House* located next to Schilling Amphitheater at West End Market.
Don’t these all sound amazing? There are so many more foods to try at the Minnesota State Fair this year! You have to make it a priority to attend and check them out for yourself!
We also found 10 delicious state fair recipe ideas that you can make at home if you’re too far to visit our awesome state fair! Check them out!
10 State Fair Recipes Ideas
1. Chocolate Strawberry Waffle Pops from Lady Behind The Curtain
2. Quick and Easy State Fair Lemonade from Dessert.Design.Life
3. Donkey Tails from The Unorthodox Epicure
4. Fried Cookie Dough from Kirbie’s Cravings
5. Maple Syrup Infused Funnel Cakes from Pixi Wishes
6. Elephant Ears from Stick To Your Hips
7. Homemade Corn Dogs from Peaches Please
8. Bacon Wrapped Corn on the Cob from Taste of Home
9. Guinea Grinder from Amanda’s Cookin’
10. Mini Funnel Cakes from Girl Versus Dough on Tablespoon
11. Snow Cones from Pastry Affair
12. Homemade Soft Pretzels from Pretty. Simple. Sweet
13. Homemade Cotton Candy from Cooking Books
14. Spiral Fried Potatoes from Karen Miner on She Knows
15. Mexican “Fried” Ice Cream from Kirbie’s Cravings