Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Universal Studios Orlando.
My boys recently had some time off from school, during the month of October the kids in Minnesota always get a couple days off as a break. We try to schedule fun things and trips to do with them over the break and this year we decided to head to Orlando for five days of beautiful sunny weather before the snow starts.
We had a fabulous time! I wanted to share the new resort that we decided to stay at this time, the Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal Studios Orlando.
The Cabana Bay Beach Resort is a hotel and experience like no other, it has beautiful bold colors and a retro theme that will transport you back to a time of relaxation and family fun. Everything from the rooms bedding to the bowling alley make you smile and think of times past.
I wanted to show you our awesome room, we ended up staying in a Family Suite that had a separate bedroom from the living area that gave us plenty of space to spread out.
The living area was complete with a pull out sofa and kitchenette area where we could stick our snacks and drinks in the refrigerator. Every single detail was thought out and purposefully placed in the room, down to the Zest soap in the bathroom. Who remembers using Zest soap growing up? This was so fun to find and use again.
The rooms are amazing and we were completely comfortable and relaxed staying at the Cabana Bay Beach Resort.
Being from Minnesota, we wanted to spend as much time outside as possible in the sun. Even though we were in Orlando and had several days of fun planned at theme parks, we took one day to just relax and enjoy the pools at Cabana Bay.
There were two different pools and we spend time at both of them where my boys swam for hours. There’s even a water slide and lazy river that they floated on while my hubby and I enjoyed a couple cold drinks together. It was amazing and so relaxing, I love having down time like this on our trips and this resort made it fun too.
One of the boys favorite parts of Cabana Bay Beach Resort where the old cars that were parked out front of the hotel, I am telling you they left no detail out with this resort. Each of the boys picked their favorite car and had to have their photo taken with them. It was so much fun.
Of course there are several different places to eat at Cabana Bay as well and there’s even a bowling alley, Galaxy Bowl, if you’re looking for some fun to do inside and cool off from the heat this 10 lane bowling alley is the perfect thing to do!
I love when hotels and resorts exceed my expectations and I want to go back as soon as we get home. Cabana Bay Resort will always be on our list of places to stay when we go to Orlando. If you’re looking for a great hotel, check this one out. It’s great for kids and adults of all ages!
More Information about Cabana Bay Beach Resort
Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, the new hotel is a destination within itself – featuring a stunning design with bold colors, retro-inspired architecture and sweeping vistas that transport guests back to a time of relaxation and endless family fun. Cabana Bay guests can experience incredible amenities throughout the hotel, including:
- Soaking up the sun at the 6,000 square foot sand beach surrounding the 8,000 square foot zero-entry pool at the Lazy River Courtyard
- Enjoying a leisurely float around Universal Orlando’s first Lazy River at an on-site hotel, with waterfalls and cannons for interactive fun
- Taking in the stunning view of the Lazy River Courtyard while savoring a specialty cocktail, a freshly made smoothie and simple grill menu items from the rooftop deck at The Hideaway Bar & Grill
- Bowling a strike at the 10-lane Galaxy Bowl
- Channeling the godfather of fitness at the Jack LaLanne Physical Fitness Studio
- Racing down the iconic dive tower waterslide and splashing into a 10,000 square foot zero-entry pool in the Cabana Courtyard
- Enjoying a retro-themed specialty cocktail from Swizzle Lounge or Atomic Tonic
- Finding something delicious for the entire family at Bayliner Diner, a food court with something for everyone to enjoy including a salad bar, burgers, sandwiches, pizza, pasta and grab-and-go items