I spend a lot of time in my kitchen, how about you? Between food prep, cooking, dishes, and everything else that takes place in one of my favorite rooms in the house I feel like I spend a good part of my waking hours in there. I have also invested a lot of time in figuring out how to best organize my kitchen and fantasizing about my dream kitchen so I put together some of my favorite tips and a peek into my dream kitchen.
We’re actually in the process of building a new home, so I’ve been dreaming and planning a lot lately. I cannot wait to show you guys the finished kitchen but until then – here are some of my favorites!
7 Tips to Keep Your Kitchen Organized
- Place several baskets for small items in pantry- Taco seasoning, yeast, soup mixes, these items get pushed back, knocked to the floor, and lost when tossed on shelves. Designate a couple baskets to keep it all tidy.
- Use same size containers– When I bring home flour, rice, sugar, etc. I transfer them to glass containers with tight sealing lids. This serves to keep items fresher than in their original packaging, fits nicely on my shelves, and it looks so much prettier!
- Label containers- Those same size containers I just recommended? Put pretty chalkboard labels on them to identify them in a glance. I love these chalkboard labels for keeping track of jar contents!
- Create a command center– Hang it on the wall or designate a drawer to keep things like a calendar, note pad, pens, and a list of important numbers.
- Make a cleaning basket– Keep a cleaning basket under the sink with your most used items for when you need to grab and do a quick kitchen clean up. All purpose spray, rags, window cleaner, and room freshener- this will keep you from digging around searching for items especially when you are in a hurry.
- Use a Lazy Susan– In the pantry or cupboard for keeping spices, keep them in easy view and within quick reach. This Lazy Susan is inexpensive and will keep
- Designate stations– To be more efficient and maximize your space assign stations for your most used items to keep them all grouped together in the same spot. Baking, coffee items, small appliances, food prep, etc. This will prevent you from opening cabinet after cabinet to find items and shave time off prep.
I am more than a little in love with this LG Diamond Collection kitchen line in Black Stainless Steel. I love the finish that resists fingerprints and looks so luxurious- this is my dream kitchen!
It’s no secret that I am in love with all LG products – did you see my refrigerator in our last house? Isn’t it dreamy?
Here are a few more of my favorites!
Tell me about YOUR dream kitchen!
Looking for more kitchen tips?