- 3–4 Chicken Breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 14 oz can of black beans
- 2 1/2 cups instant rice (brown or white)
- 1 1 oz package Taco Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.
- Pour chicken broth over chicken breasts and stir in canned tomatoes and taco seasoning
- Cook on low for about 4 hours in the slow cooker
- Stir in instant rice and black beans.
- Let cook 30-45 minutes on high, or until rice is tender.
- Shred the chicken in the slow cooker before topping with cheese and let cook a few minutes longer until cheese is melted.
- Serve with fresh tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole in a bowl or in a tortilla shell