- French or Italian Loaf
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 1 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 5–7 slices of soppressata cold cuts, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon each of basil, oregano
- 1 fresh garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Begin by slicing the bread loaf in half.
- Rub the garlic generously onto each half of bread. If you wish, you can sprinkle with garlic powder instead of using fresh.
- Mix the mayonnaise and butter together into a soft spread. Apply to each half of the bread.
- Sprinkle the spread with the basil and oregano. If you wish for more flavors, feel free to add more than the suggested amount.
- Top the spread with a generous amount of grated asiago cheese. Cover the entire piece of bread.
- Top the asiago with layers of soppressata meat slices. You can overlap the slices if you wish. Just be sure they cover the entire top of the bread.
- Place the loaves on a cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the bread is nicely toasted