This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Clorox. The opinions and text are all mine.
It’s that time of year again! Time to break out your mops, rags and cleaners and get your spring cleaning done! We have a list of some tips and tricks to use this year when you start cleaning as well as one of my must have products to help make the task supper easy!
Spring Cleaning Tips and Tricks
- Remove all items from the cabinets and wipe down all the shelves as well as the front of the cabinets. I like to use how water with a little bit of Clorox Bleach.
- While you’re putting items back in the cabinets, consider whether you need them all or if you have items to sell or donate. This is a great time to purge and reorganize.
- Remove everything from the drawers and wipe them all out.
- Dust all your light fixtures, if there are removable glass shades be sure to remove them and I like to soak them in warm soapy water to remove any dirt and grime.
- Pull your appliance out from the wall and vacuum behind and under them. I like to vacuum off the backs of the appliances as well.
- Use the self cleaner on the oven or clean it yourself. Don’t forget to clean the outside of the oven as well.
- Clean the microwave – I heat a cup of water for 3 minutes and then wipe it down with a washrag inside.
- Wipe down all baseboards in the kitchen.
- Mop the floor
- Deep clean the shower – I use an old toothbrush to scrub the grout lines. Remember to clean the ceiling and floor.
- Remove the shower head and soak in a lime remover. My friend Jenny has simple instructions on how to do this.
- Remove and clean the shower curtain, this is a great time to purchase a new liner.
- Give your toilet a good scrub. I like the Clorox Toilet Wand because it has a disposable cleaning head that’s preloaded with Clorox toilet bowl cleaner and cuts through tough stains while killing 99.9% of germs! Say goodbye to your icky toilet brush! Just click, swish & toss. Clorox Toilet Wand can be found in the Broom & Mop aisle of Walmart, I love how Walmart has absolutely EVERYTHING that I need for spring cleaning!
- Remove everything from the vanity and wipe out the drawers and fronts of the cabinets.
- Mop the floor
- Wipe down Fans and light fixtures – remove any glass shades and soak in warm soapy water.
- Vacuum sofas and chairs, I like to remove the cushions and vacuum all the cracks and crevices.
- Dust any pictures on the walls and clean the glass on them.
- Remove any decor from shelves and wipe them all down.
- Mop any hardwood floors and vacuum carpeting.
- Wipe down baseboards and wash walls.
- Clean windows, don’t forget the window jams.
- Move your bed and vacuum underneath, this is a good time to flip your mattress too.
- Wash all bedding and pillows, switch out flannel sheets to a summer sheet.
- Wipe down ceiling fan blades and light fixtures, remove any glass shades and soak in warm water.
- Go through your closet and switch your winter wardrobe to spring and summer clothing.
- Dust any furniture, shelves, and decor as well as photos and pictures on the wall.
- Wipe down baseboards.
- Vacuum or mop hardwood floors.
Remember to wash the inside and outside of all windows in the house!
We have a great free SPRING CLEANING CHECKLIST for you to print out. This includes a blank checklist for customization.
Have you started your spring cleaning? What tips do you have for everyone to make the process easier?