I can’t believe that it’s already spring! It may only be 40 degrees here in Minnesota but the presence of spring has finally started to show! That means everyone is starting to think about opening windows and spring cleaning to get the layer of dust and germs out of the house!
I personally love spring cleaning, there’s nothing like having your home fresh and ready for the summer so I pulled together some great tips and tricks to help you get your home clean without forgetting anything!
Spring Cleaning Tips and Tricks
1. Wipe down baseboards with Clorox Triple Action Dust Wipes to remove dust, hair and allergens. This is a new product that I was able to try and loved it! I have a lot of black furniture in my living room that collects a lot of dust so I’m always cleaning them. I love these new disposable wipes!
2. Use old make up brushes to clean vents and other small and tight spaces.
3. Wash light fixtures in the dishwasher for quick and easy clean.
4. Remove and wash curtains for a fresh look. Use Clorox 2® Stain Remover & Color Booster Liquid to pretreat any stains or settled in debris.
5. Use old socks on your hands as dust rags.
6. Use lemon oil to bring wood furniture to a sparkling shine.
7. Freshen up a dirty carpet with a sprinkling of baking soda. Just sprinkle and vacuum up.
8. Use vinegar to make windows and mirrors sparkle.
9. Clean a toilet fast by dropping a denture cleansing tab into it.
10. Use a dab of olive oil to remove residue from surfaces.
11. Save old t shirts to use as inexpensive and reusable cleaning rags.
12. Pretreat kitchen linens with Clorox 2® Stain Remover & Color Booster Liquid to remove grease stains and get them looking like new.
13. Use a Wall Eraser to remove floor scuffs and wall scuffs.
14. Wash dirty light switch covers in the dishwasher for a quick clean.
15. Don’t forget to wash all picture frames/glass inserts with a quick spray of vinegar.
16. Use a little baking powder and lemon juice to create a deep cleaning bathroom scrub.
17. Use old toothbrushes to clean grout and tile.
18. Place lemon peels in the disposal and run for a quick clean and fresh scent.
19. Run a packet of lemon drink mix through your dishwasher for a quick clean and to make it smell great.
20. Remove all bedding such as bed skirts and comforters. Give them a good wash with Clorox 2® Stain Remover & Color Booster Liquid to remove stains and odor.
21. Comb through drawers and closets to remove and donate any clutter.
22. Comb through drawers and closets to remove any clothing you no longer need. Donate it to someone who can use it.
23. Make houseplants shine by wiping a drop of olive oil on them.
24. Add a few drops of essential oil to the bag or compartment of your vacuum to make the room smell great each time you use it.
25. Clean and disinfect all garbage cans and containers.
26. Clean kitchen sinks easily with the new Clorox® Pump ‘N Clean. Make easy work of dishes and cleaning in the kitchen with just a pump of this and a paper towel!
27. Run pet food and water bowls through the dishwasher for a deep clean.
28. Pop throw pillows and other decorative linens into the washing machine for a deep clean.
29. Add storage containers into drawers and under beds to stay more organized and free up some space.
30. Take a lint roller to your furniture and lamp shades to remove dust and debris.
See how simple spring cleaning can really be? Give these tips a try and see how fresh and clean your space can look!
Don’t forget to wash all the coats and winter gear with Clorox 2® Stain Remover & Color Booster Liquid before storing for the winter! You’ll be so glad you did
Spring Cleaning Checklist Printable
We’ve even put together a Spring Cleaning Checklist for you that’s FREE to print out! Simply click the photo below and you will be able to print either the blank or customized checklist!
This spring cleaning checklist will help you stay organized and keep track of what you need to do next!
Be sure to connect with Clorox on Facebook and Twitter!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post all opinions expressed in this post at 100% mine.
Leave a comment