Star Wars: The Last Jedi is out on DVD today!!
From the moment the opening credits scroll off to a faraway galaxy; to the final sequence accompanied by John Williams’ score; the Star Wars eighth installment delivers high energy storytelling with breathtaking action scenes!
The Last Jedi does a great job of furthering the adventures of new heroes Rey, Poe, Finn and BB-8. In the end, however, it is the Skywalker saga that overshadows the overall narrative. Whereas the Force Awakens was very Han Solo-centric, this film is all Luke’s.
Many of our most anxious questions are answered in the film, in a two hour and thirty two minute run time. Who are Rey’s parents? What is this Snoke guy up to? What has Luke been doing all these years? Perhaps most importantly, what is a Porg?!
Direction Rian Johnson takes the wampa by the horns as he helms his installment of the sacred franchise. Johnson’s Star Wars is consistent and true to the ambiance of the previous films. However, he is not afraid to stray into new territory. This includes new planets and locales, new hardware and technology as well as weird new creatures to enjoy.
The Last Jedi introduces us to new characters to love, Rose, Vice Admiral Hodo, Praetorian guards, crystal foxs and of course, those loveable Porgs!
We are graced with the presence of our old screen friends Artoo Detoo, See Threepio, Nien Numb, Admiral Ackbar and Master Luke Skywalker. Sadly, it is the last scenes with the late Carrie Fischer, General Leia ,that remind us that it is time to pass the torch to new storylines. AS Kylo Ren reminds us to “let the past go.”
Consequently, it is the character of Leia who began the saga with simple hope; An emotion that rings rue throughout the legacy of the Star Wars films.
Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi—the next action-packed chapter of the Star Wars saga— Earned critical acclaim and the No. 1 spot atop 2017’s list of highest-grossing films. The visually stunning film welcomes the return of original characters, including Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, Yoda, R2-D2 and C-3PO and further explores the deepening journey of the saga’s new members, Rey, Finn, Poe, and Kylo Ren. Now families can bring home the movie digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD™ and via Movies Anywhere on March 13, two weeks before the 4K Ultra HD™ Blu-ray, and Blu-ray™ disc on March 27. This release also marks Disney’s first title available on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc in both Dolby Vision™ HDR and Dolby Atmos® immersive audio, delivering consumers a transformative viewing experience.
Director Rian Johnson takes fans on an intimate journey into the creation of Star Wars: The Last Jedi in a feature-length documentary, explaining his unique interpretation of the Force, detailing the painstaking process of creating Snoke, and deconstructing action-packed scenes from the film such as the epic space battle and the final confrontation. Johnson also reveals two exclusive scenes, featuring Andy Serkis as Snoke prior to his digital makeover, as well as 14 never-before-seen deleted scenes, in addition to his audio commentary.
Bonus features include*:
- The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the Force – Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Scene Breakdowns
- Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle – Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life.
- Snoke and Mirrors – Motion capture and Star Wars collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movie’s malevolent master villain.
- Showdown on Crait – Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movie’s final confrontation, including the interplay between real-word locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) – Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- Deleted Scenes – With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
- Audio Commentary – View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
ABOUT STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI:
In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.
The film stars Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, Kelly Marie Tran, Laura Dern with Frank Oz, and Benicio Del Toro. Star Wars: The Last Jedi is written and directed by Rian Johnson and produced by Kathleen Kennedy and Ram Bergman. J.J. Abrams, Tom Karnowski and Jason McGatlin are the executive producers.