- 1–2 sweet potatoes, sliced into large pieces
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ sliced bell pepper
- ½ sliced red onion
- Cooked rice
- Black Beans
- Diced tomatoes
- Jalapeno (optional)
- Cotija cheese
- Taco bowl shell
- Slice sweet potatoes, and cook over medium-high heat with oil, cumin, and taco seasoning for 15 minutes, stirring/flipping occasionally.
- Move potatoes to one side of your pan, and add bell pepper and onion to the other. Cover, and cook an additional 10-15 minutes until peppers are soft.
- Once fully cooked, build your taco bowl:
- Start with a bed of rice, then add on a hefty serving of potatoes and pepper/onion.
- Add ¼ cup black beans
- Add ¼ cup diced tomatoes
- Sprinkle with cotija cheese
- Top with fresh chopped cilantro and sliced jalapenos.
- You can also add your favorite salsa