This post was written by me through an activation with HireInfluence on behalf of Southwest Airlines. Although I received compensation for participating in the campaign, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Just a couple short days ago I was on the beautiful beaches of Puerto Vallarta in Mexico on a trip with Southwest Airlines. If you saw my first post you knew I was going along with 11 other bloggers to various locations on surprise trips!
Make sure you check out our Pina Colada Float recipe at the bottom of the post!
If you follow me on social media, I’m sure you saw some of the amazing photographs I shared. If not – I wanted to take the time to share them with you so you know just how amazing this destination is in case you want to plan a trip for yourself (which I highly recommend).
My trip started with a flight from Denver into Puerto Vallarta, it was only a 2 1/2 hour flight and you’re on the beach and ready to relax! Guys, 2 1/2 hours!! How can you NOT go?!
I’m not exaggerating when I say that this place is paradise. I stayed at the Villa Premiere hotel with an ocean view room with a balcony. The hotel and staff exceeded my expectations. Everything was clean and beautiful while the staff was incredibly helpful and beyond pleasant. This was a view off my balcony. How picture perfect is that little sail boat?!
Of course it was complete with an amazing pool with loungers, swim up bar, restaurants and everything you need in one location.
One of my favorite dishes was the Fisherman Burritos, I had them twice because they were so good. Don’t forget to try the guacamole too!
I highly recommend trying the Pina Colada’s! I’m pretty sure you could spend many days lounging and enjoying these yummy treats.
Day two of my trip was filled with an entire day of snorkeling, kayaking, paddle boards, whale watching and more. I wish I was able to share how amazing this really was with photos but I’m tell you, these just do not do it justice.
The Marieta’s Islands were the place we headed to for Marieta Eco Discovery with Vallarta Adventures. Just offshore, inside Banderas Bay, rests a group of small, volcanic islands known as the Marietas Islands. On our way out to the islands we saw several whales and wildlife as well as having some amazing entertainment by the staff!
My overall thoughts on this trip. AMAZING! I’m already planning my next trip back! Friends, you need to put this destination on your bucket list of places to visit!
Here are just a couple of travel tips that I think everyone needs to remember when you’re headed out on a trip! Trust me, you’ll thank me!
Travel Tips to Remember
- Take a portable charger on the plane – these come in really hand for your phone. I like to listen to podcasts and books so I usually need to charge up!
- Keep snacks with you on the plane or when you’re out and about on activities – granola bars and great because they don’t melt.
- Try something new – this is your time to do something you wouldn’t normally do. Maybe it’s snorkeling or try a new dish at dinner.
- Take a camera or phone for photos. I have my phone with me at all times to catch photos, I want to remember my trip and this is the best way!
- Make sure you have extra room in your suitcase when you leave home, this is to make sure you have room for souvenirs and things you buy.
- Relax. It’s vacation and you don’t have to go, go, go. Take time to sit by the pool and read or even take a nap!
Guys, I loved my Pina Coladas so much at the resort that I had to make my own version for at home. Yes, I know it’s winter in Iowa but making this made it a little more tolerable! Check out how easy it is too!
How to Make a Pina Colada Float
Ingredients You Need
- 3 Cups Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/2 Cup Ice
- 1/2 Cup Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 Cup Pineapple
- 1/2 Cup Malibu Rum
Blend together and enjoy! Makes two drinks.