An easy recipe for Truffle Popcorn from our contributor, Alice Seuffert of Dining with Alice. This popcorn makes adults and kids happy with the rich flavors of truffle oil and parmesan cheese.
When it is movie night at our house I make an easy stovetop popcorn that is a favorite for both the kids and adults! It doesn’t matter if the movie night is outside in our backyard during the summer or on the living room floor during a cold winter night, this truffle popcorn is always in our bowls.
This popcorn is made within minutes. I just start with coconut oil in my dutch oven and let it heat up with a few popcorn kernels.
Once I know it is heated, I add the rest of the popcorn, put the lid on and slide it back and forth occasionally until the seeds and oil are distributed. Keep your eyes and ears on this recipe. You want to listen until the seeds are done popping and then take it off the heat and put into a bowl. Once in the bowl, drizzle the truffle popcorn with truffle oil and parmesan cheese.
The truffle oil and parmesan give this truffle popcorn a rich flavor that is perfect for the whole family or special popcorn you can make just for the parents to enjoy! Looking for another recipe adults and kids will love? Try my Mac and Cheese cupcakes!
Alice is the creator of Dining with Alice where she shares creative comfort food recipes and conversations about motherhood. Alice cooks regularly on television and is known for her easy, accessible and fun recipes. She is the author of Freezer Meals for Moms and you can connect with her via her Email Newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.Print
- 2 TB Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Yellow Popcorn Seeds
- 1 TB Black Truffle Oil
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese (finely grated)
- Salt to taste
- Heat coconut oil and 3 popcorn seeds over high heat without pan lid. Once seeds have popped pour in remaining seeds, tilt pan to ensure oil is evenly distributed and cover with lid. Allow popcorn to pop. Do not leave unattended. While popping, slide pan back and forth to distribute oil and seeds.
- Remove pan from heat when you no longer hear the seeds popping.
- Remove lid and transfer popcorn to a large serving bowl, drizzle with truffle oil, parmesan cheese and salt to taste.