Valentine’s Day Straw Necklace Craft for Kids
Kids love crafting their own jewelry, and this Valentine’s Day straw necklace craft for kids is the perfect way for them to do this. Using a few colorful Valentine’s Day themed straws, these necklaces take just minutes to make and are perfect for tiny hands. Here is how you can get started crafting your own. This is a Valentine’s Day craft kids are sure to love!
How to Make a Valentine Straw Necklace
Assorted paper straws (You can find holiday themed ones at Michael’s Craft store and the Dollar Store)
Ribbon or twin
1. Begin by cutting the straws into one inch segments. You may have to bend them a little to soften them up first. If you wish to make “beads” if various sizes, you can easily cut ½ in or even 2 inch segments.
2. Once your straws are cut, you can begin using them as your beads.
3. Start stringing the straw beads onto your ribbon or twine. You can arrange them in any pattern you wish.
4. Continue stringing the beads on until the necklace or bracelet is the length of your liking.
5. Leave about 2 inches of twine or ribbon on the end of your necklace or bracelet. This is where you will tie the piece closed.
Your Valentine’s Day straw necklace craft for kids is now ready to be enjoyed. Kids will love wearing their jewelry to their Valentine’s Day parties or even just around the house. Give them a try and see how much fun you can have.