It’s Dee from Meatloaf and Melodrama, and I’m thrilled to be back again at the Taylor House this month with a super easy but very tasty Valentine’s Day dessert! I know that Rice Krispies Treats are nothing new, and we’ve definitely enjoyed our fair share of them around here, but the kids and I recently whipped up a batch, and we decided to dress them up a little bit. We added some colorful candy sprinkles and mini chocolate chips, and made some Valentine’s Krispy Treats that are perfect for sharing with your little sweethearts!
I love chocolate, but I try to limit the amount that the kids have, and since they’ll be getting plenty of candy from school parties, I wanted to make something that didn’t have chocolate as the main ingredient. I couldn’t resist sneaking in a few mini chocolate chips, but they’re spread evenly throughout the whole batch.
- Six cups of Rice Krispies Cereal, or any brand of crispy rice cereal
- Four cups mini marshmallows ( We used a generic brand. )
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Valentine’s-themed candy sprinkles for decorating
Leave a comment