This post is sponsored by Country Crock®. All opinions are my own.
If you are anything like me, you have mixed feelings about the upcoming holiday season. On one hand, I am so excited that I can hardly sleep! On the other hand I get super stressed because there is so much to be done that I can hardly sleep! My holiday baking plays a big part in both reasons I can’t sleep.
Country Crock® has always been a staple ingredient in my kitchen. So when I found out about their Make It Yours™ Cookie Recipe I was beyond thrilled! It’s the only cookie recipe you’ll ever need! It is the perfect cookie base that is super easy and makes a ton of cookies. Plus, you can add 1-2 cups of your favorite mix-in ingredients to customize your cookies. It felt like Santa came early and made all my holiday wishes come true!
For my cookie creation, I wanted to take one of my all-time favorite holiday candy, turtles, and transform them into a cookie! YUM!! It was so easy to do! All I needed was 3 mix-in ingredients.
How to Make Make It Yours™ Turtle Cookies
- 1 cup Country Crock®
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup caramel bits
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix brown sugar, granulated sugar, Country Crock® spread, egg, egg yolk and vanilla into a large bowl until well mixed.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda until blended (dough will be soft and creamy).
- Add mix-ins into the dough until every spoonful of dough has some of the delicious mix-ins.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonful’s onto ungreased baking sheets 3-inches apart. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden.
- Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from baking sheets and cool completely.
I’m so glad that Leigh Anne from Your Homebased Mom asked me to share this recipe. The possibilities really are endless with one easy recipe from Country Crock®. I’d like to keep spreading the holiday joy by asking my friend Brett from This Mama Loves to show everyone how she plans to mix it up!
Whip up new combinations the entire family will love! For mix-in inspiration visit CountryCrock.com.