Rigatoni Pasta Salad
Ready? Set? Summer! If you’re like me, summer food includes a lot of good, easy to prepare food. Our Rigatoni Pasta Salad just screams summer, and it should considering just how much summer goodness we packed into it. There garden fresh Tuscan Kale, Swiss chard and thin ribbons of Summer Squash. Then there is grilled chopped chicken, toasted sunflower seeds, fresh parsley and tart sweetness of dried cherries. All of these wonderful ingredients a swirl within al dente Rigatoni pasta! And if that wasn’t enough we wickedly creative and top it all with a dollop of Avocado Pesto. How deliciously adorable is that?! Check it out below for the deets.
- 3 cups Rigatoni Pasta
- 1 1/2 cup Grilled Chicken Breast, chopped
- 1 cup Tuscan Kale, shredded
- 1 cup Swiss Chard, shredded
- 1 cup Summer Squash, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup Flat-Leaf Parsley
- 1/4 Sunflower Seeds, toasted
- 2 Tablespoons of EVOO
- Salt to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
- Grill or bake two chicken breasts, when cool enough to safely handle chop then set in fridge to cool.
- Using a small skillet toss sunflower seeds over medium heat, toast sunflower seeds until slightly brown in color, 2 – 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare Rigatoni according to package instructions. Rinse, then toss with one tablespoon of EVOO and set aside.
- Add shredded Tuscan kale, Swiss chard and flat-leaf parsley to pasta, toss well.
- Make ribbons of Summer squash using a micro plane or mandolin, and then set aside.
- Toss in dried cherries and mix in all other ingredients until well incorporated.
- Divide into individual bowls and top with avocado pesto.
Avocado Pesto Ingredients:
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 1 cup Spinach, chopped
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of EVOO
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cut, peel and remove the seed from avocado. Scoop out avocado into a bowl.
- Add avocado to the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment.
- Add spinach, garlic, EVOO and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Add sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste.