Cinnamon Sugar Muffins are so easy to make and if your kids enjoy Cinnamon Sugar on their toast in the mornings they will love this muffin! My boys asked to have them for breakfast every day this week after having them one afternoon as a snack after school.
I think they would be perfect as mini muffins too, what a great after school snack, lunch box treat, or an anytime treat idea.
I like too add butter to everything and warm out of the oven cinnamon sugar muffins with butter are amazing. They’re the perfect pair to my morning cup of coffee and I love that they are an easy recipe that’s quick enough to make first thing in the morning.
How to Make Cinnamon Sugar Muffins
- 3 cup flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2/3 cup Butter Flavored Crisco
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Walnuts (optional)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Stick Butter (room temperature)
- Mix one cup sugar with shortening until well blended.
- Add eggs to the sugar mixture.
- In separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, 1 tsp cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add flour mixture and milk to the creamed mixture.
- Beat well.
- Lightly grease 18 muffin cups.
- Fill muffin cups half full.
- Mix together stick of butter, 2 tsp cinnamon and 1 cup brown sugar into a crumble.
- Top each muffin with the Brown Sugar Crumble
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes
What are your favorite muffin recipes? Do you make your muffins from scratch or do you make them out of a box? You can find more Recipe Ideas on our Breakfast Pinterest Board.