Eggs Benedict with Homemade Hollandaise sauce may possibly be the best breakfast ever.
To be completely honest, I could just eat the hollandaise sauce as soup or as my son said “Mom just put it in a Sippy cup and drink it, if you love it that much”. That kid always comes up with genius ideas.
Seriously though, if you have never tried Eggs Benedict, it’s time to add it to your menu and make it for your family soon!
The Hollandaise Sauce is really amazing, I mean how can you go wrong with butter, heavy cream and egg? If you don’t want to make a homemade version, you can pick up packets in the grocery store, I had a waitress tell me that Knorr had the best Hollandaise Sauce mix.
How to Make Eggs Benedict with Homemade Hollandaise Sauce
2 English muffins
4 slices Canadian bacon
For the Hollandaise Sauce:
4 Tbs. Butter
4 egg yolks
2 Tbs. lemon juice
1 Tbs. heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
- You will want to toast your English muffins and fry up your Canadian bacon
- Next, start your Hollandaise Sauce by melting the butter in a small sauce pan.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks.
- Add the lemon juice, heavy whipping cream, salt and pepper into the eggs.
- Next, add the melted butter into the mixture slowly and whisking vigorously to cream the mixture.
- Once the butter has been added, place the mixture back into the pot.
- Heat the mixture on low heat, constantly stirring with a whisk.
- Stir until the mixture starts to thicken (30 sec. to a minute) and remove from heat.
- After your Hollandaise Sauce is finished and removed from the heat, poach your eggs.
- Place a piece of Canadian Bacon on the English Muffin, Next the Poached egg and top with Hollandaise sauce. Enjoy!
How amazing does that look? Yum! If you do not like your eggs to have runny middles, simply poach them for a bit longer.
More Egg Recipes to Enjoy
Sausage and Egg Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Slow Cooker Egg Breakfast Casserole
Leave a comment