We have another one of our easy slow cooker recipes to share with you today! Instead of a dinner recipe, this one is a slow cooker breakfast casserole that you can let cook overnight and have it ready to enjoy when you get up in the morning.
Do you love the egg and sausage breakfast casseroles? I do, but it seems like they take so long in the mornings to make! By the time you get it ready and then back for over an hour, I’m starving and filling up on other snacks. So, this is a great option! I throw it in the slow cooker at night and have breakfast ready in the morning!
How to Make Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- 30oz bag frozen hash browns
- 1lb sausage, browned & drained
- 8oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 8oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 green onions, sliced and divided in half
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Spray a large crock pot with non-stick spray then place half the hash browns into the bottom.
- Layer in half the hash browns, cooked sausage, half the cheeses, and half the green onions, then repeat hash brown, sausage, and cheese layers.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper and seasoning salt, then drizzle over top.
- Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours. I put mine in the night before we are going to eat it and let it cook on low through the night.
You can change this recipe to fit your likes, add mushrooms or other vegies that you love to make it exactly the way you want!
Here at The Taylor House we love Slow Cooker Recipes! We have shared several over the last few months, be sure to check out our Pinterest Slow Cooker Board to find more ideas!