My kids love their Shamrock Shake on St. Patrick’s Day! What about Mom and Dad though? They love the shake too but would like it even more if it was an Adult version. We decided to make an Adult Mint Float that you can make on St. Patrick’s Day if you’re staying home or maybe even throwing a party!
Instead of having Green Beer on St. Patrick’s Day, this festive Mint Float is a great option!
How to Make and Adult Mint Float for St. Patrick’s Day
This Mint Float is so simple to make, it only requires a couple ingredients and takes minutes to make.
Ingredients for Adult Mint Float
- 2 Cups Mint Ice Cream
- 1/4 Cup Crème De Menthe Alcohol
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- Whip Cream
- Chocolate to Drizzle
Step 1 – Place the ice cream, Crème De Menthe, and milk in a blender and blend for 1 minute or until it is a milkshake consistency
- Step 2 – Pour into a wine glass or other glass and top with more ice cream and chocolate drizzle or whip cream and chocolate drizzle. Enjoy!
You could make this with vanilla ice cream and mint cookies instead of using the mint ice cream. I’ve tried it both ways and they were both delicious! This is a great drink on Christmas too, when you’re making all those peppermint and mint desserts and treats! You can use a Peppermint or Candy Cane Ice cream.
- If you’re not into Green Beer on
St. Patrick’s Day
- but want to have a festive drink option, I think you’ll love this
- . It’s an Adult Mint Milkshake yumminess!
- Be sure to check out our
- Board on Pinterest for some more Green, Mint and Rainbow Ideas!
More St. Patrick’s Day Posts You Will Love