Hi, everyone! I hope that you are having a fabulous weekend! I am excited to be starting a 20 days of Christmas Cookies series with you! Everyday (except Sunday) until Christmas I will have a new Christmas cookie or treat recipe.
Some of these will be recipes that I use every year or new recipes that I have decided to try. I also have several Guest Posts from other bloggers and friends who will be sharing their favorites ( I do still have a few days left if you would like to join in and share, just email me!)
Since Today is December 1, lets get the cookie and treat baking started! I usually start my baking early, most cookies freeze nicely so that I can bake a little at a time through out the month.
Caramel Chex Mix Recipes
You can use either Crispix or Chex mix to make these delicious Chex mix recipes. Both cereals work well, I happened to have Crispix on hand the day that I made this.
This is recipe is one of my very favorites. But seriously, it is very addictive. I cannot but it down once I start eating it. How can anything that has four sticks of butter be bad? Yikes! Yes, four sticks of butter! This is why I only make it at the holiday season and not on a regular basis. Do you make any other Chex mix recipes?
- 2 small boxes of Crispix Cereal
- 2 cups of butter
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- ½ cup Light Karo syrup
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- Melt butter in a sauce pan.
- Add brown sugar and bring to a boil.
- Add Karo syrup, vanilla and baking soda.
- I put the cereal in a large bowl then pour mixture over the top and stir.
- Then pour into a brown paper sack.
- Microwave for two minutes and shake.
- Microwave again for two minutes and shake.
- Spread the Crispix onto wax paper and let cool.
Be sure to stop by and check out some more Easy Recipes that I have to share. Here are a few of my favorites: