Today is day 9 of our 20 days of Christmas Cookies & Treats! On Sunday, while we were having our blizzard, I tried a new recipe. This is a English Toffee recipe. I have never made toffee and wanted to see if I could get it to turn out and IT DID! So, Day 9 is a recipe for
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 12oz milk chocolate, melted
- Crushed Candy Cane
- Line pan with foil (11×7)-. Set aside.
- In a heavy pan, combine butter, sugar, vanilla and salt. Cook over high heat with a wooden spoon until butter melts, stirring constantly. Continue cooking an additional 5-7 minutes until candy turns the color of almonds (about 300 degrees). Pour in pan. Cool completely.
- When candy is cooled and set (about 2 hours), spread chocolate over top of toffee. Sprinkle generously with crushed candy canes.
- When set, pop out of silicone pan and store in a airtight containers. OR cut into pieces. ENJOY!