I participated in Mom Blog Tour at the Summer Fancy Food Show on behalf of Wendy’s Bloggers and received Capatriti EVOO products to facilitate my review. #MomBlogTourFF
I’m so excited to share this fabulous product with you. I use a lot of olive oil in my cooking and baking but not all olive oils are created the same. I look for an olive oil with a fresh and natural flavor.
You can imagine my excitement when I had the chance to meet one of my favorite olive oil brands, Capatriti when I was in New York City last summer at the Fancy Food Show.
One of the only Extra Virgin Olive Oils to acquire the highly coveted United States Department of Agriculture Quality Monitoring Program Seal, 100% pure, true EVOO. You can really taste, smell and see the difference in their product!
I use Capatriti Olive Oil a lot in dressings, marinades, etc. but I wanted to make one of my favorite cakes and see how it turned out.
I decided to make a simple Almond Olive Oil Cake topped with whip cream and strawberries, it turned out amazing. My family and I ate the entire thing for dessert one evening! Check out this delicious recipe!
How to Make Almond Olive Oil Cake
Ingredients You Need
- 5 egg yolks
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- ¾ cup Capatriti Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Almond Extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 egg whites
- Whipped cream and berries for serving.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray and line the bottom with a circle of parchment paper.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a wire whisk attachment, whip the egg yolks with ½ cup of the sugar.
- Combine the Capatriti Extra Virgin Olive oil and Almond Extract and with the mixer running on low, slowly add it to the yolk mixture.
- Add the flour with a spatula.
- Transfer mixture to a separate bowl and set aside. Clean the stand mixer bowl and whisk attachment.
- Using the stand mixer fitted with the wire whisk attachment, whip the egg whites until foamy, then slowly add ¼ cup of the sugar and continue to beat to soft peaks.
- Gently fold into the olive oil mixture, just barely until incorporated.
- Spread into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then remove the sides of the springform pan and cool completely.
- Top with whip cream and berries.
Enter to win a Capatriti Prize Package below!
One winner per household, email address, or home address. If you have won this prize on another blog you are ineligible to win again. Winner must have a U.S.-based address to receive the prize.